We love Greek salad-olives, feta, onion, cucumber, tomato, some oregano, a little oil and vinegar. If you do too, or if you are looking to turn up the flavor in your turkey burgers, give this recipe a try. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Yield: 3 patties
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey, lean
- ½ cup low fat feta cheese, crumbled finely
- ½ cup kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers for serving
- Whole grain buns (optional)
- 1 tsp olive oil (optional)
- Mix turkey, olives, feta, oregano and pepper together and form 3 patties.
- Heat frying pan over medium high.
- Coat patties with olive oil if needed (I used cast iron so didn’t need).
- Brown patties 1 minute per side on med-high, then reduce to medium and cook an additional 5-6 minutes until just no longer pink inside (cut one open to check, don’t over cook!).
- Serve with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, on a whole grain bun (optional).
I served these with a side of my quick broccoli slaw which made for a flavorful meal. How are you cooking your burgers/turkey burgers these days?