This is so simple, I almost can't call it a recipe!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: under 20 minutes
- 1 medium acorn squash (about 12 inch circumference)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 TBSP coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2 TBSP toasted pine nuts
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds and stringy bits.
- Wrap loosely in parchment paper.
- Microwave on high for 12-15 minutes until soft.
- Carefully, remove pulp and discard skin.
- Mash pulp with oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with toasted pine nuts.
I've always been a big fan of butternut squash. Lately, I'm trying to branch out and have fallen in love with acorn squash. Try this easy recipe and I think you will too!
Other ELEB squash recipes:
|Acorn Squash Fitters|
|Roasted Squash with Mint and Pepitas|
|Squash, Bacon and Apple Pizza|
|Butternut Squash "Fries"|