Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups cut asparagus spears, 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 TBSP fish sauce
- 2 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 24 medium shrimp, cleaned, shelled, tails removed and deveined
- 3 TBSP Thai red curry paste
- Canola oil
- Fresh mint and lime slices for garnish
- Saute onion in oil over medium heat until soft, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute over medium high heat.
- Add curry paste.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and lime juice.
- Bring to boil. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn down heat to medium, add asparagus and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and shrimp; simmer until shrimp turns pink and spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Serve over rice, garnished with chopped mint and lime slices.
This would be good with chicken or beef too. And seriously, it's "spoon up the left over sauce and slurp it" kind of good!