I used half butternut and half acorn squash, but pumpkin squash could be used too.
Yield: 8 servings
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds each butternut and acorn squash (3 pounds total)
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1+ TBSP good aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted, salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut squash into wedges, leaving skin on but removing any seeds or strings.
- Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on large baking sheet, cut side down.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown, turning several times to brown all cut sides.
- Serve drizzled with balsamic and sprinkled with salt and pepper, mint, and pepitas.
Some folks ate the skin. I chose not to, but either way the squash is delicious! It also reheats nicely (microwave).
Original recipe from Bon Appetit
Other squash recipes you may enjoy:
Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat's Cheese and Pine Nuts
Butternut Squash "Fries"