Yields: 24 pieces
Time: 20 minutes
- 24 ready formed phyllo cups
- 2.5-3 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 oz. apricot "all fruit" spread
- 48 pistachios, shelled
- Preheat oven per phyllo cup box directions.
- Warm apricot spread over medium heat (or in microwave) until liquid.
- Fill each phyllo cup about 1/2 full with cheese.
- Drizzle apricot spread over cheese.
- Top with 2 pistachios.
- Bake per box instructions (for mine 12 minutes).
- Serve warm or room temperature.
I loved the tangy bite from the blue cheese, the tender flaky crunch of the phyllo, and the sweet and salty from the spread and the nuts. If you don't like blue cheese, I'm sure these would also work with goat's cheese or brie.
Here are another couple more favorite appetizers:
Prosciutto wrapped pesto tortellini with asparagus
Nutty Cheese Ball