Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

More Egg White Ideas or how to use up those left over veggies

Consistently, some of my top read posts are those related to breakfast.  This tells me that like me, many of you are looking for quick, easy, and healthy ways to start your day.  As I've mentioned, I have an egg white breakfast treat 4-5 times a week so I'm always looking for new variations.






In addition, I know many of us are trying to get all those servings of veggies in every day.  When I have left overs, I've taken to adding them in to my egg whites lately.


The top photo is egg whites with left over sauteed spinach (shallots, olive oil, garlic, ginger) mixed in with a tsp or so of low fat feta cheese and the one just above is leftover simply steamed asparagus, chopped and stirred in to the egg whites.  The spinach one took an extra 20 seconds or so in the microwave to fully set. Otherwise, these were made as described in my previous post.


These are really low calorie so I usually have a slice of whole wheat/whole grain toast to go along and a big cup of soy or almond milk.


I hope this will inspire you to get some veggies in at breakfast!