Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Recipe for Stuffed Portabellas-Secret Recipe Club





It is that time again!  I look forward each month to my assignment for the Secret Recipe Club.  This is a large group of bloggers who cook from one another's blogs each month.  We don't know who is cooking from our blog or what they are cooking until the big reveal day.  That would be today!


This month my assignment was the blog "cravings of a lunatic" authored by the very irreverent and funny Kim Bee.  I chose one of Kim's non-dessert dishes to cook since Mr. ELEB and I are supposed to be limiting our treats right now (although I enjoyed browsing through all the decadent sweets on her site!).


I've made portabella pizzas before and we love them so I was naturally drawn to Kim Bee's recipe for stuffed portabella mushrooms.


Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes


Ingredients:


  • 4 portabella mushrooms, stems and gills removed (see my video if you need to learn this technique)
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
  • 4 TBSP mushroom sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
  • 3/4 cup cooked, diced sausage, I used a mix of grilled chicken apple sausages
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Crushed red pepper to taste (I omitted this)
  • 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese, plus more for tops




Method:


  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Line baking sheet with parchment and place mushrooms on parchment.
  • Mix rice, sauce, onion, sausage, most of cheese and seasonings together.
  • Spoon mixture into mushrooms and top with remaining cheese.
  • Cook for 15 minutes or until filling is warmed and cheese is melted.
  • Serve hot.
Big mahalo (thanks) to Kim Bee for this tasty recipe.  I can envision all sorts of yummy stuffing combinations for portabellas going forward.


Printable recipe