Now, Mr. ELEB likes radishes; me, not so much so I didn't include them in the side salad but you could certainly do so. The flavorful salmon worked well with simple steamed broccoli and cilantro brown rice.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, about 5 oz each
- 4 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Position broiler rack about 4 inches from broiler and preheat oven to "high broil".
- Wash and pat the fillets dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix olive oil, zest, and ginger together and pat on top of fish; place fish on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil for about 6-7 minutes, watching carefully.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
For the cucumber salad, I think the original had a few more ingredients besides the radishes (?) but I just seeded a cucumber and mixed it with garlic, ginger, plain non-fat Greek yogurt and a squeeze of lemon. Chill in fridge while fish is being prepared.
Here are a couple of other favorite salmon recipes: