Now here's a fun little appetizer. While these take a bit of effort to make, they are sure to please. We ate these (along with lots of other goodies) at a friend's football party. Unfortunately, the team we were all pulling for lost (San Francisco 49ers) but these are a winner!
I named these little goodies after a favorite chicken dish-chicken stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese. These are actually "inside out" in some respects since the bacon is on the outside!
|Yep, takes a bit of patience to wrap them up. Worth it though!|
Time: 50 minutes
- 3 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 4 slices low fat swiss cheese, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 10 oz. center cut bacon slices, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season chicken with pepper.
- Fold a piece of cheese inside each chicken piece, then wrap each in a piece of bacon.
- Secure each with a toothpick.
- Cook on rack over tin foil lined baking sheet for 15-20 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and bacon is crispy.
- If chicken is cooked and bacon isn't, place under high broiler for 2-3 minutes to finish crisping bacon.
They are best when warm out of the oven but still good at room temperature.