My quick broccoli slaw was a nice complement to the turkey burgers.
Yield: 3 burgers
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey breast
- 3 large pieces of roasted red pepper
- 3 coins (about an ounce total) goat's cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- Buns for serving (or large lettuce leaves for bunless burger)
- Condiments as desired
- Divide ground turkey breast into 6 equal pieces.
- Place a coin of cheese on top of the 3 pieces of red pepper.
- Place one pepper with cheese on each of 3 pieces of turkey breast and then top each with another piece of turkey breast.
- Form gently into patties, sealing the pepper and cheese inside.
- Salt and pepper liberally.
- Heat oil over med-high heat.
- Add burgers and cook about 3 1/2 minutes on each side until browned and turkey is no longer pink (don't overcook or they will be too dry).
- Serve on buns or wrapped in lettuce with your choice of condiments.
The most important part of the recipe is not to overcook the burgers!
Here are some of our other favorite turkey burger recipes:
Inside out turkey cheeseburgers
Blue cheese, pistachio and cranberry turkey burgers