Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups finely chopped potato (1/2x1/2 inch)
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion (similar size to potato)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 TBSP curry powder (more if desired)
- 1 TBSP Garam masala
- ½ TBSP ground cardamom
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces (similar size to potato)
- 2 cups frozen green peas, defrosted
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add spices and stir constantly while cooking for 45 seconds.
- Add potatoes, onions, water, and coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken that has been seasoned with salt and pepper (and more water/coconut milk if needed-you do want a moist curry).
- Cook 10 more minutes or until chicken no longer pink and potatoes are soft.
- Stir in peas, cilantro, raisins and cook 2 additional minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve garnished with cilantro, with rice or naan.
The fragrant cooking smells will drive you crazy until the dish is finished and you can sit down and eat. What recipes do you cook that bring back memories of days gone by?