Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekly Wrap

Well, as the East Coast is hit by another winter storm, I'm happy to be living on Maui!  (Don't hate me.)  Here is the recap of this week's posts and stuff I bookmarked from around the web.

Monday-a breakfast treat low in fat and calories and high on the easy and yummy scale.  Anyone can have a fast and good healthy breakfast!


Microwaved Egg White Breakfast Treat









Tuesday-a new slow cooker recipe using inexpensive, but tasty, pork shoulder roast to create a Mexican dish.


Slow Cooker Pork Verde







Wednesday-proof that quick weeknight meals don't have to be blah or unhealthy.


Salmon and Peas in Parmesan Wine Sauce






Thursday-an elegant yet easy recipe making the most of the herb garden.


Lemon Parmesan Pork







I was so disappointed to hear Mark Bittman's Minimalist column in the NY Times has ended.  If you haven't checked out his column and videos, I'd encourage you to do so-great recipes, straightforward, and he's fun to watch.  Here's a "best of" selected by his long time videographer.

Here's a recipe (well, it's one ingredient) that I'll be trying, using my stash of bananas from the freezer.

Finally, the editorial staff at Saveur Magazine picked their favorites from 2010 (I thought there were a couple of potential winners in their picks.)

Have a good weekend and if you're in the bad weather, stay warm!