Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Recipe for Blueberry Banana Smoothie



I've mentioned previously how I make my smoothies using coconut water and yesterday I showed you my stash of frozen bananas  Here’s a great smoothie made using both of them.

Makes one smoothie, approximately 231 calories, 2.8 grams fat, 36 grams carbs, 6 grams fiber, 11 grams protein, 5 WW Points+

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
½ cup fresh blueberries
¾ cup coconut water
¼ cup egg whites
1 TBSP ground flax seed

Method:
Combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth.  Drink immediately or let sit if thicker consistency is preferred.

Are you a smoothie person?  What quick snacks (healthy) do you eat?

Printable Recipe