Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Recipe for Black Eyed Pea Hummus

This recipe was in the group of "top recipes" for 2011 based on page views.  I posted it after New Years but thought I would re-post again this year before the holiday since it was a popular recipe.  


Growing up in the South, black eyed peas, usually with some greens, were a staple on New Years Day, served to bring us all good luck.  They are also recorded as being served on Rosh Hashana, Jewish New Year, also to bring good luck.  Honestly, I was never a big fan of black eyed peas.  But I love hummus and this one is really delicious.  If it brings us good luck, even more reason to try it!

Here is the original post and recipe:  Black Eyed Pea Hummus


I'm also working on a post recapping some of the other top recipes from 2011.


Have a SAFE and Happy New Year.  See you in 2012!