Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Recipe for Chai Oat Smoothie





One of my sons gave me a smoothie book last Christmas, "Supercharged Smoothies" by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford, Chronicle Books, 2010. They have a recipe in the book for "Cha Cha Chai" - a chai and fruit blended drink. I thought it was a great idea to use chai in a smoothie so I made a simple one using homemade chai concentrate and oats. If you missed my post about adding oats to smoothies, here it is.


Homemade chai concentrate


Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients:

  • 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
  • ½ cup chai concentrate
  • ¼ cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
  • ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • Ice for serving (optional)
  • Cinnamon stick for serving (optional)


Method:

  • Mix all ingredients except ice and cinnamon in a blender until frothy.
  • Serve garnished with cinnamon (optional).
  • Serve over ice if desired (optional).

If you are a fan of chai, give this a try-I think know you'll love it!




Printable Recipe