One of my sons gave me a smoothie book last Christmas, "Supercharged Smoothies" by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford, Chronicle Books, 2010. They have a recipe in the book for "Cha Cha Chai" - a chai and fruit blended drink. I thought it was a great idea to use chai in a smoothie so I made a simple one using homemade chai concentrate and oats. If you missed my post about adding oats to smoothies, here it is.
|Homemade chai concentrate|
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk
- ½ cup chai concentrate
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- Ice for serving (optional)
- Cinnamon stick for serving (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except ice and cinnamon in a blender until frothy.
- Serve garnished with cinnamon (optional).
- Serve over ice if desired (optional).
If you are a fan of chai, give this a try-I