Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekly Wrap


Happy Weekend!  I hope yours is going well.  I'm happy because my parents are here visiting us on Maui.  It is long way for them to come from Georgia so their visits aren't very frequent.

Here's a summary of this week on the blog and some fun things I read.


Monday-Mark Bittman's high heat/Dutch oven roasted chicken; quick and tasty.



"Not Just For Special Occasions" Roasted Chicken








Tuesday-an opportunity to "mix it up" on burger nights.



An Alternative Burger







Wednesday-an "Eat Big" original treat.



Chocolate Chunk Cake








Thursday-an easy way to turn up the flavor in rice dishes.


 Cilantro Rice








Amelia, of Eating Made Easy, always has great content.  Two posts this week that I marked:
A great resource for Meatless Mondays

And an informative discussion about sources of calcium and how our body absorbs it.

I thought this NY Times recipe for Olive Oil brownies sounded intriguing-I'll give it a try and let you know if they beat my zucchini brownies!

That's it for now. Aloha!