Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Simple Goodness in a Glass

Most of my friends, like me, try to eat healthy at least most of the time so when I have guests for dinner, I often turn to fruit to end the meal.  We can almost always get local strawberries so I definitely gravitate to those.  Beautiful clamshells full of fat, juicy blueberries get my attention at the warehouse store.  This week, my local grocery store had a great special on raspberries, and they weren’t already moldy and mushy so I grabbed them!  (Don’t you hate it when your berries go south as soon as you get them home?)



Here is a super simple, very versatile dessert.  Approximately 95 calories, 23 grams carbs, .7 grams fat, 4 grams protein as depicted

Ingredients:
1 cup of raspberries, (or any berry or berry mixture)
2 TBSP non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
Drizzle of Agave nectar (or natural honey)
Sprinkle of cinnamon

Find a pretty glass or bowl and add the fruit.  Top with yogurt, Agave and cinnamon. 


A sprig of mint from the garden would have made a nice garnish!

You could also layer the ingredients and top with ice cream instead of yogurt.  Some crunchy granola would also go well, in layers or sprinkled on top.  A drizzle of melted dark chocolate would be very nice!  See, I told you-simple and versatile.  Enjoy!  Please tell me about any simple, healthy desserts you share with guests.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Susie, berries aren't native to the Caribbean so whenever I buy them there are already a couple that bit the dust:( A healthy easy dessert that I serve after dinner is an easy melon ice, I use watermelon or cantelope cut and frozen, then blended or scraped into serving dishes,optionally topped with honey and/or a squeeze of lime. Your yummy dessert may convince me to buy some strawberries I saw this morning at my local fruit stall though!

    ReplyDelete