Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Recipe for Gingered Salmon

I'm dying to do this recipe again.  It was very easy and very satisfying.  Bonus:  also good for you!  I saw a recipe on some website for a gingered salmon served with cucumber and radish salad but despite searching online, I can't find it again!!!!  So I did what all home cooks do-winged it.
Now, Mr. ELEB likes radishes; me, not so much so I didn't include them in the side salad but you could certainly do so.  The flavorful salmon worked well with simple steamed broccoli and cilantro brown rice.


Yield: 2 servings
Time: 10 minutes


Ingredients:


  • 2 salmon fillets, about 5 oz each
  • 4 TBSP freshly grated ginger
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 1 TBSP olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Lemon wedges for serving




Method:


  • Position broiler rack about 4 inches from broiler and preheat oven to "high broil".
  • Wash and pat the fillets dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  • Mix olive oil, zest, and ginger together and pat on top of fish; place fish on a foil lined baking sheet.
  • Broil for about 6-7 minutes, watching carefully.
  • Serve with lemon wedges.
For the cucumber salad, I think the original had a few more ingredients besides the radishes (?) but I just seeded a cucumber and mixed it with garlic, ginger, plain non-fat Greek yogurt and a squeeze of lemon.  Chill in fridge while fish is being prepared.


Here are a couple of other favorite salmon recipes: