Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Homemade Wheat Bread Crostinis



I’ve admitted before that I could exist on appetizers.  I just love bites of “this and that” much more than a big serving of just “this”.   Here’s an example.  I could have happily just eaten the homemade wheat crostinis, cheese, and grapes and skipped the meal (which was pretty good: my “not just for special occasion roasted chicken”, a huge crunchy green salad and fresh broccoli).  I managed to resist and share the appetizers with our guests!


I made the crostinis using bread from the Master Dough recipe from “Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a day”, this wonderful balsamic onion marmalade from Williams Sonoma, a gift from a friend, and a yummy, gooey, triple cream cheese.   



Oh my.  I actually liked the combination of the cheese and onion together on one piece of bread the best!


I sliced the bread thinly, brushed it lightly with olive oil, toasted it in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes and then served it with the cheese and onion marmalade.  Home Run!

When you serve appetizers, what do you prepare?

No comments:

Post a Comment