Time: 20 minutes
- 1 to 1 1/4 lb. ground turkey or turkey breast
- 1/4 cup julienne cut sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled low fat feta cheese
- 1 heaping TBSP finely chopped basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pour a very fine layer of olive oil in a large frying pan and heat over medium high heat.
- While pan heats, mix tomatoes, feta and basil together.
- Divide turkey into 6 equal balls and flatten them.
- Spoon 1/3rd of tomato mixture on 3 of the pieces of turkey and then top each of them with one of the plain pieces of turkey.
- Gently press around the edges to form a sealed burger.
- Sprinkle a few drops of olive oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook over med high heat 4-5 minutes per side, until no longer pink inside.
These were just perfect for an evening when we wanted a light but flavorful supper (to make up for overindulging the evening before!).
You can stuff all sorts of different things in these turkey burgers and stuffed burgers are my favorite way to eat ground turkey-I find it too dry otherwise.
Here are some other ways I've served them-Enjoy!
Blue Cheese, pistachio and cranberry turkey burgers (my personal favorite)