Kalyn’s Kitchen was one of the first food blogs I started reading on a regular basis. Kalyn has great healthy and flavorful recipes which tend to adhere to the South Beach Diet principles. Even if you aren’t dieting, there are some amazing recipes on the site.
This chicken recipe uses Kalyn’s recipe for roasted red pepper dip with feta and mint as the sauce for baked chicken thighs (you could also use breasts). It’s fabulous as a dip and great as a cooking sauce.
|From Top Left: Roasted red pepper Sauce; ready for oven; out of oven.|
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 50 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 ½ cup roasted red pepper dip (recipe below)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Spread a few TBSP of dip across bottom of casserole dish.
- Lay chicken on top of sauce.
- Pour and spread remaining sauce over chicken.
- Bake on 350 for 20 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered .
Roasted Red Pepper Dip (modified slightly from Kalyn’s recipe)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, drained well
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 4 oz low fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 TBSP finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients except salt to food processor and process until smooth.
- Taste and add salt if needed.