Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Recipe for Asian Kale Salad



Love your greens?  Not so much for me, but I know they are good for me so I do try. I picked up some kale mix to go with a chicken I was roasting, thinking I would do something like my Asian Chard Salad.  It turned out quite nicely with the crunchy kale lightly dressed with a sesame, rice vinegar, olive oil dressing.  Hope you'll give it a try!




Time:  5 minutes plus resting time
Yield:  6 servings

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups packed chopped kale mix (kale, carrots, purple cabbage)
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 4 TBSP toasted sesame oil
  • 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
  • 2 TBSP black sesame seeds
  • 1 TBSP agave
  • Salt and pepper to taste



Method:
  • Mix oils, vinegar, sesame seeds, and agave together.  Add salt and pepper to your taste.
  • Pour over kale mix and massage in with hands.
  • Refrigerate for 30 minutes up to 1 day. (It holds up well)
  • Remove from fridge a few minutes before serving.


Do you eat your greens?  What's your favorite?


Printable Recipe