My first recipe post in a while (see yesterday's post for why) and it's for Secret Recipe Club reveal day! This month I was assigned Linday's blog, The Lean Green Bean. Not only does her website have fun recipes, healthy ones at that (she studying to be a Registered Dietitian) but also inspirational workouts and fitness information.
I chose Lindsay's recipe for Chunky Greek Hummus Plate, a recipe from one of Lindsay and her husband's favorite restaurants. I love hummus and I love Greek salad so this was an easy recipe to get excited about. It was also easy to throw together on the road, using prepared ingredients. I will definitely do it again making my own hummus and Greek salad!
Time: 5 minutes (using prepared ingredients)
Serves: 4 for an appetizer
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1 cup finely chopped Greek salad ingredients
- Sprinkles of feta cheese, or (as I used) a tzatziki/feta dip)
- Chips or veggies for serving (I used pretzel chips)
- Spread hummus on plate.
- Top with chopped Greek salad and feta (or sauce).
- Serve with chips of your choice.
Thanks Lindsay for a fun appetizer!