Mission

Celebrating the delights of good healthy everyday food and special treats! Sharing recipes, information, and experiences.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Chunky Greek Hummus Plate-Secret Recipe Club



My first recipe post in a while (see yesterday's post for why) and it's for Secret Recipe Club reveal day!  This month I was assigned Linday's blog, The Lean Green Bean.  Not only does her website have fun recipes, healthy ones at that (she studying to be a Registered Dietitian) but also inspirational workouts and fitness information.


I chose Lindsay's recipe for Chunky Greek Hummus Plate, a recipe from one of Lindsay and her husband's favorite restaurants.  I love hummus and I love Greek salad so this was an easy recipe to get excited about.  It was also easy to throw together on the road, using prepared ingredients.  I will definitely do it again making my own hummus and Greek salad!  


Time: 5 minutes (using prepared ingredients)
Serves: 4 for an appetizer


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup prepared hummus
  • 1 cup finely chopped Greek salad ingredients
  • Sprinkles of feta cheese, or (as I used) a tzatziki/feta dip)
  • Chips or veggies for serving (I used pretzel chips)



Method:

  • Spread hummus on plate.
  • Top with chopped Greek salad and feta (or sauce).
  • Serve with chips of your choice.



Thanks Lindsay for a fun appetizer!
To see all the Secret Recipe Club recipes for July, see below.