It's grilling season just about everywhere now. Of course, we're spoiled here in Hawaii with the ability to grill just about any day we like!
This is a very tasty turkey cheeseburger-hope you'll give it a try.
Yield: 3 or 4 burgers, depending on how big you make them
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey (or turkey breast)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed and chopped finely
- 1 can diced green chilis (4 oz)
- 3 ounces shredded low fat cheese (I used cheddar/jack blend)
- 1/2 TBSP honey
- Juice of 1 lime
- Your favorite multi/whole grain hamburger bun
- Preheat grill.
- Mix turkey, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, 1/2 of chilis, 2 oz cheese together and form into patties.
- Grill until just cooked and no longer pink in the middle, about 3 minutes per side, flipping once.
- After the flip, top patties with remaining cheese.
- Toast buns and mix together the remaining chilis, lime juice, and honey. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve burgers on buns, topped with chili mix.