Yield: 6 servings
Time: 15 minutes, plus chilling time in the fridge
- 2 bunches of asparagus (or try green beans)
- 1 TBSP baking soda in cooking water
- 1/2 cup organic Green Goddess salad dressing
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper as needed
- Ice and water
- Bring water to a boil and add baking soda.
- Add asparagus and cook gently until just tender but retaining some crunch, probably no more than 3-4 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus stems.
- Drain and immediately place in iced water bath (submersed) for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain well and stir in salad dressing.
- Chill in fridge for at least an hour.
- Just prior to serving, remove from marinade, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and top with tomatoes.
Another nice alternative is to marinate in Italian dressing and top with toasted pine nuts. Enjoy!