Mmmm, little pockets of goodness tucked inside a moist, delicious turkey burger! These are a little too fragile for the grill. They cook up quickly in a pan with a little olive oil for browning. Make sure not to overcook or they will be dry.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
I've made something similar to this before with capers, lemon, and dill over pasta which Mr. ELEB loves. I didn't have capers, pasta, or dill but I did have some great sockeye salmon so I pulled out some alternatives and, voila', a great dinner was on the table in under 20 minutes.
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
We enjoyed the last summer super salad so much that I've pretty much added it to the weekly rotation. This version has refreshing and juicy watermelon mingling with blueberries, feta and mint, a simple vinaigrette and a summer staple-grilled chicken. Once again, Mr. ELEB did his magic on the grill and contributed perfectly cooked chicken breasts. A quick vinaigrette whipped together in the blender, a toss together of the watermelon, blueberries, feta and mint, and dinner was on the table in just about 30 minutes.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
If you'd like to get a healthy, simple, and delicious meal on the table in under 20 minutes, I've got the recipe for you. Check the source for your fish and be sure it is coming from a sustainable source and if you can't get fresh fish, look for flash frozen sustainable fish at high quality grocery stores in the freezer section.
We loved this simple dinner!
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 halibut steaks
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 can (good quality) chopped tomatoes
- Mixed herb seasoning (I used Kirkland Brand Organic No Salt Seasoning)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment.
- Sprinkle olive oil and herb mixture over parchment and over both sides of fish.
- Bake fish for 7-8 minutes, until beginning to flake (don't overcook).
- While fish bakes, heat together the beans and tomatoes, with salt and pepper to taste.
- When beans and tomatoes are heated and ready to serve, stir in basil.
- Serve fish over bean/tomato mix.